Background

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Zoe's Valentines Outfit Part 1

Zoe's New Outfit!
Yesterday was Valentines Day! A perfect excuse to make a new outfit for Zoe, and I have decided that it should be the first (of hopefully many) Crafts I blog about. But I warn you, I have never taken a sewing class so I may not always do things "correctly",but here we go...

I used a pair of her pants as a pattern, making sure to leave a seam allowance and room for a casing. I chose to not do a side seam, so I cut the pants on the fold. 
I then sewed the inside seam for both legs, and pressed the seam open.
With right sides together I placed one leg inside the other, pining to match up the inside seam, I sewed the legs together. I then stay stitched the crotch and trimmed and clipped the seam.

Pressed and sewed a casing, added elastic.

I made a tube of contrasting fabric almost double the width of the leg.
Gathered it and sewed it right sides together to the bottom of the pant legs. 

Aren't they cute!


1 comment: