Background

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Zoe's Valentines Outfit Part 2

Note the matching Baby Doll Dress :)

I used this dress as the pattern for the dress/shirt. And I don't have pictures, but I sewed one side seem before moving on to the next step.

I took 2 long strips of fabric about 1.25 inches wide, zigged the edges, and then with my sewing machine set on the longest stitch and tightest tension, I sewed a basting down the center of each strip.(note I didn't have to gather the ruffle anymore what you see above is what I got for simply sewing with my sewing machine set on the longest stitch and tightest tension )

 Then starting on the unfinished edge of the side seem I sewed down the ruffle, following the bottom, leaving enough room to hem. I did the second ruffle the same way, just above the first ruffle. After I sewed them down I went back and removed the baste stitches.

Then with right sides together, (matching up the ruffles) I sewed the 2nd side seem.

Instead of interfacing and hemming I used binding to finish all the edges. And...
Voilà!

No comments:

Post a Comment